Thursday, January 13, 2005

Thoughts on the FA Cup and next season

This morning my wife Linda has gone off with my daughter Melanie looking at wedding dresses. No not for my wife but for the daughter as she is getting married this year on December 3rd. First thoughts when she announced this after her partner asked for her hand in marriage (I thought the old traditions were dead!) was the cost and who would we playing that day. Would it be Man. U / Chelsea / Arsenal or then it may be Wolves or Sheffied United in the Championship - I hope it is the Premiership. Forget what I stated on my last posting - if it's one of the big guns then I hope Sky change it to Friday / Sunday or even Monday night (selfish bastard I know after what I stated yesterday!)
Anyway we have a good draw in the FA Cup - Everton away - hub cap territory when not even tie wraps will deter any one looking for a decent set of hub caps - beware!
Already I have had requests to run our own coach to the game but alas when it gets down to committment I know we will share again with Sedgefield and have a good pint before the match - Clive Dent who runs the Sedgefield branch knows some good watering holes to all away fixtures - without him we would all be teetotal!!
The prices are a bit expensive but I suppose it's a premiership side, I usually take my nephew to all away fixtures so admission only will be £49.00 if we get the top price tickets bus fare should put this up to £70 to £80 for the trip - ah and yes there is the beer money to add ....
The club has also just announced that the FA safety committee have reduced the number of Cardiff fans attending the fixture at the SOL in February to 1,500 as were the Leeds and West Ham fans - apparantly for not sitting down at away fixtures - seats must have been too cold.
One thought I hope will not be correct - 1,500 Cardiff in the game and another 2,000 loose in the Wheatshief or other surrounding pubs - not a good combination considering all the damage done by Cardiff last season. Lets wait and see.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home