Monday, March 28, 2005

3 weeks without nicotine.

Get today out of the way and it will be 3 weeks without nicotine. Somehow I feel reasonably confident this time around, a kind of determination to kick the habit for good. Having said that from February 1993 to July 1998 I did without cigarettes, why I ever started again is beyond me. In the intervening period I have had spells of 18 months, 6 months and a further 6 months off them.

Whats the difference this time? Well I haven't had a sneaky fag in the garden or took myself off for a walk on the pretence of walking off withdrawal symptoms only to nip into the shop and buy 10. Another major factor is not attending football on a regular basis, or being an active member of a branch that see's to everyones needs and neglects their own. Funny isn't it, looking back, how starting to smoke again in 1998, coincided with SAFC losing that memorable Play Off Final to Charlton and the branch being formed in the summer that followed. Lets hope they don't have to put themselves through all of that again, and make sure that promotion is automatic, and can tie it all up before the last game of the season, so the fans can relax and enjoy the last game or two.

Season is almost at an end. I have ( upto now) given up the weed. Things are looking up for me. Lets see if Jim starts smoking when the pressure starts to build. Somehow I think he's just a little too laid back to let minor irritations get to him.

2 Comments:

At Monday, March 28, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Well done Jack, keep up the willpower - you can do it for good this time.

 
At Monday, March 28, 2005, Blogger MelvinH said...

Well done Huyton -u could always join the hip flask brigade

 

Post a Comment

<< Home