Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Gilligans Tours

Well I am back and feeling a bit croggy. Prague - what a place great hotel, Hotel Sax first class, location in the Lesser Town easy walk to the main attractions - Charles Bridge, Castle and the Old Town Square. Meals and beer great - usually about 60p per pint and if you like potato or bread dumplings them the Prague local food is the best. Then there was the English bar on Sunday .... The George and Dragon in the Old Town Square.
Beer - three times as much as in local bars, toilets blocked up welcome to a little and expensive part of England.
The match was on live so me and PJ settled in next to the big screen - not many in but soon filled up at start of the match - no colours on show so not sure who supported who except for a Chelsea supporter who I spoke to when we sat down.
Game on - we seemed to weather the storm in the first few minutes - goalkeeper looked very nervous. The penalty - didn't the Coxa Lad make a mess of it I was up then down and thought it was going to be one of those days. Then the goalkeeper made a clanger and bingo one down. I thought that was it Ipswich to go on and nail us 2-0. The Lads kept plugging away and started to pile the pressure on looking for an equaliser - woodwork hit near misses then a substitution - the Coxa Lad off as he had a stinker - and Brown was not the rough diamond we needed up front. On came Deane and Elliott and Elliotts first touch was to nod the ball in the back of the net 1-1 I was up on the seat giving it "get in me boys - come on you reds" the whole place stopped looked ... stared then went back to the action on the box. Now I knew I was the only Mackem in the pub. Nervous moments ahead then bingo a full house .. 1-2 Robinson pokes the ball into the net after good build up. I went mental and my earlier celebration was pipped by this one. Then I was talking to PJ we have done it Ipswich wouldn't score only for them to get a goal due to bad marking and if we had a better goalie in the sticks then perhaps it would have been 3 points and Premiership there and then. 5 minutes added time where did that come from? Nervous moments and then relief at the final whistle 2-2. A draw was what I was hoping for and a draw I got. Now lets wait and see what Saturday brings could we be celebrating at 4.55pm hope so.

Off to Leicester this morning and staying over so hope my chin holds out this time! Then me Huyton and Billy are off on Thursday with DavidP to the smoggie training camp for a look around to see whats it like - the treatment table will be the most used and Veduka will still be on it when we are there! So posting delay until we get back unless something come up while I am away.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 20, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Jimmy being stared at?

No surprises there then, but I bet PJ was a canny shade of red at Jim's antics in a foriegn land.

 
At Friday, April 22, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

"Well I am back and feeling a bit CROGGY."
Croggy? Round where I come from a croggy is where you get a ride on the back of someones bike with the rider forward on the pedals and you sitting on the seat.
So are you trying to say that when you came back from Prague you felt like a croggy on the back of someone's bike?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home