Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It's Official I won't be returning.......

For all the reasons Miller states in his first post.

The season hasn't even started nor is it near and already SKY television are intent on disrupting peoples live's working routines, holiday plans etc, etc.

I guess I must be a grumpy old man, now that I'm in that 5o something age bracket ( I've witnessed it first hand) but I can no longer see the logic of having to reorganise everything just to suit a television company. SKY television is the antithesis of everything that football should be about. 3 pm Kick offs on a Saturday afternoon, 7:30 Kick offs on a Wednesday night.

Saturday lunch time KO, Saturday 4 pm Ko, Sunday Lunch time, Sunday tea time, Monday night. Advertising, pre match entertainment, Soccer am, Saturday Soccer, Football Today. It's killing everything is SKY

BRING BACK SHOOT with George Taylor and the BIG MATCH LIVE with Brian Moore (RIP) and Gerald Sinstadt.

I have absolutely no enthusiasm whatsoever and the comings and goings have hardly filled me with confidence or inspiration.

Even the fleeting thought I had of buying a season ticket has quickly evaporated with this non revelation, and you can guarantee, with success, even further disruption particularly if they go on a cup run.

Shift work, public sector working and football just don't go together.

Don't get me wrong lads, I want only the best for Sunderland and it's fans, it's just that I'd rather be on the outside looking in than putting myself through the wringer every week and at the mercy of media globalisation called SKY. ( I wonder if BOB Geldof wants to organise a SKYhate concert)

It's known as stress vulnerability.

Enjoy yourselves.

I'm off to Hartlepool to ENJOY some footy without all the trimmings.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, June 30, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Haway Huyton, understand your views on Sky and agree but don't chuck the towel in already before a ball has been kicked. I was hoping that you had seen the Light from last season and had ordered plenty of valium and you would go to some of the top matches. Please re-consider as I am sure that it is better seeing the Premiership than the 1st Division - going off how the Pools fought and surendered in the play-off's.

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Jim man, I'll be to cart away. Life's hard enough at work without having to dsrupt everyone else's life so I can watch footy on a Monday night.

I know your right about Premier league footy as opposed to 1st division, but it's just not pretentious like Prem footy, it's retained much of the tradition whereas Prem is just a cash cow at the top of a Boston Matrix which bleeds the like of you and me dry and we are happy to surrender our cash without so much as a whimper.

You can guarentee that season ticket holders will once again be the losers when it comes to ticket offers for the masses. Time you lot took a stand Jim

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

If you want I'll bring the cart round after the first home match and perhaps we can both be carted away!

 
At Thursday, June 30, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Jim, wait till the first away match then we'll talk about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home