Monday, March 14, 2005

Missing My First Home Match

Back from an eventful week-end only bitter taste was the Scum winning yesterday and getting to where we were last year, but this time semi-finals are being played in Cardiff which takes the thrill of going there for the first time in the final. I hope the Scum don't make it as you will see again the plastic mags in their clowns black and white outfits again in their masses all saying that they are true supporters and have never missed a match
Well reading Billy's account of his day at Crewe I can't add too much to the comments other than me and Ken seemed to pay more for our drinks but the view was better particularly Dawn behind the bar. I enjoyed the sing song with my mate Ken, I bet everyone was pleased when the batteries ran out on the Ipod!!
This week I am off to Germany to an exhibition in Frankfurt so I will miss my first home match of the season as I leave Scum airport at 5.30pm on Tuesday but I will be thinking of the match and hope that we get three points as both Ipswich and Wigan appear to have easy away matches - if you can call any match now easy - Brighton away and all that.
I get back late Friday so may be a bit tired for the Saturday game which sees us pitch battles with Coventry. Highlight of the day maybe the return of Huyton to the fold - maybe for one match only but who knows it might be a good match and keep him there for the rest of the season. So the countdown begins..... 6 days for the return of the leader of the pack.

Jim Gilling
FTM

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 14, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Jim, I take an opposite view to you about the Scum. I really want them to get there!!

Why?

NOBODY REMEMBERS A LOSER.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home