Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Old Folks Supper - Coxhoe Club

Just dropped Ma Gilligan and Mrs Gilligan off in the club to feast themselves on a three course meal for the old folks of Coxhoe. No before you ask Mrs Gilligan is not > 65 years old but it was a kind invite off the committee to recognise the annual donation from our Branch towards the prizes.
I wish I had the camera cos sitting there was our dear old Chairman Mr Woodward wearing his whistle and flute. Someone told me the only reason he joined the committee was to get a free meal every Christmas!!! Can anyone give him a lift into Durham tomorrow as he needs to take the suit back to Marksies?
Well I will go down about 6.15pm to see the prizes given out apparantly the Branch are to get a special mention - not for all the suffering that we have had this season but for the prizes we donated this year.
Hope it is as good as last night when me, Brian, Jack were out with the legend we know as DP, but this time I expect to leave the club a bit earlier than I did on leaving the Cricketers 12.15am - good job you didn't stay for that last pint Huyton!


Jim Gilling
FTM

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 13, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Just think Jim, in 15 years time it'll be me you and Huyton going!

Mr Chairman in a suit, not a regular sight!!

12:15am - bloody hell, I think I missed all the fun!!!

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Never mind the old folks, sounds like the young(ish) uns had a good time also. Not back on your favourite Xmas tipple, brandy and Baileys, were you Mr Chairman? I hope you and the branch secretary did the branch proud and there were no football-related incidents that might incur a visit to the committee room!

P.S. Did any of my tickets win in the spirit draw?

 
At Wednesday, December 14, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

came out about same time as you mr chairman - Ma Gilligan had a great time lost count at the number of whiskys she had ... now you know where I get the taste for whisky from.
I confirm what the chairman has stated it was an excellant night with a great comedian.
Now in heathrow waiting for flight to Istanbul so probably no postings until I get back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home