Thursday, August 03, 2006

New season approaches. Howay man bloggers ....

.... let's be having some postings!

I'm off work at home this week and have been stuck in the house due to the weather. I've visited the blog several times during the week but no activity at all. I've tried a couple of postings but no responses. We're off to Majorca first thing on Monday morning so I'll miss the first two home games and the start of "Sir Nialls" reign. What do you reckon the season holds for us and our unwashed cousins up the road? I'll start :-

Sunderland
Exciting times but not a lot has changed yet on the playing side. Many +ve points though with SNQ in charge but still in the honeymoon period. There are a number of poor sides in the Championship but also a number who are well equipped for promotion (WBA, Birmingham, Leeds etc). Hope I'm proved wrong and SNQ can bring about an immediate revival but I think this will be a transitional season and we'll do well to finish in the play-offs.

N*******e
Same old story (Duff - "I've come here to win trophies") same old outcome - mid table, no silverware. Listening to 3 legends last night and the Mags were all predicting top 6 etc. I think they must be delusional - what tablets should they be taking Jack? Pretty soon the "money tree" is going to run out of funds, robbed by FFS and the Halls, and they'll wake up to find themselves in a similar position to Leeds (hopefully!).

Smoggies
Southgate will struggle. "Golden age" has been and gone. Mid table, no silverware.

Howay bloggers, get posting with your comments/predictions!

3 Comments:

At Thursday, August 03, 2006, Blogger WALTER, THE FAMOUS ARGENTINIAN MACKEM said...

Billy,

yes, a new season is almost upon us not only in England but also here in Argentina. Hope success for the current season for Sunderland.I mean, at least a spot in the the top six to reach the play-offs would do. Niall is new in the job, yes, he'll probably make some mistakes becasue of that, but I think he will be a lift for Sunderland.WBA have added more quality to thier side signing former Celtic man, John Hartson. In my opinion, among the favourites to go up.

Well, here in Argentina, things don't look so well for Velez. Just ONE! signing, four key players were sold, no newcomers, many unexperienced guys from the reserves squad. The way i see it, top 6 would be a real achievement for us.. FAVOURITES: Boca, last champion; Independiente, bought many talented players, new manager; River, just for their successful history, they're crap now.Velez? a mid-table/seventh/sixth spot and we'lall paint the town red..

Walter

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Billy

Enjoy your holiday. It'll be more fun than football.

Apolgies but I can't drum up any enthusiasm at all.

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006, Blogger MelvinH said...

Huyton I agree, nothing to stimulate however ill pick my games (no renewal) back to the old times go when u want, pay at the gate -times have changed even my Daughter said she will accompany me, turn the clock back its wot happens..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home