Sunday, August 19, 2007

Message from Roy as we hit rock bottom performance wise

Dear Coxhoe Branch,
We were second best, I can't think of any pluses. A lot of teams would have beaten us today.
I expected Wigan to put us under pressure, they are strong and physical, but the defenders have got to learn to deal with that in the Premier League.
Wigan have a bit of power. I have no complaints about the penalties, it was bad defending, you should get your body position right and we didn't do that.
You learn a lot about your players and their character in setbacks like this. I certainly learned a lot today. It's from the defeats that you learn the most. I'm determined to get things right here.
Sometimes players help you make decisions and a couple have done that today.
I thought it was a real flat performance. You have to do the basics right, you have to tackle, you have to defend. I can't think of anything good that came out of it, maybe something will come to me later.
Win, lose or draw you have to move on. I couldn't think of a tougher game than Liverpool to follow; so we'll have to regroup, refocus and make sure we're ready and raring to go.
We've said a few words in the dressing room, now we'll reflect now. The lads will recover from this, I have good faith in them.
We've had set-backs before and we'll have plenty more. In the Premier League you will have your ups and downs. We had a decent few days, today's a bad day.
I'm sure the fans are disappointed but let me tell you, nowhere near as disappointed as I am.
The most important thing is that we recover. I tend to focus on the performance as much as the result and today's was disappointing.
All the best,
Roy Keane
Wigan 3 Sunderland 0
Click here to visit the safc.com Match Centre.
Next game:Sunderland v Liverpool, Saturday August 25 (12.45pm).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home