Saturday, April 23, 2005

Shameful admission

Well lads, now that I’ve been ‘outed’ as a closet smoggy I may as well come clean and confess all my sins and seek forgiveness. My shameful revelation is that I’ve been to see the Mags play twice in games when Sunderland were not playing!!

The first occasion was when I was at college in Newcastle. There was a midweek game at SJP in the League cup and the Mags were playing Charlton. Derek Hales was playing for Charlton and was getting quite a reputation at that time so I decided to go and see him play. I think Charlton won but can’t remember the score. Needless to say I was quietly supporting Charlton. I think Frank Clarke scored a rare (only?) goal for the Mags.

The other occasion was when I was working at Ferrybridge. Sheffield United were playing the Mags at Bramall Lane and my Mag mate, Alan Hood, pestered me to go with him to the game. Mirandhina had just signed and Hoody was raving about him. Anyway we went to the game and Mirandhina was useless and the Mags got beat so I had some good fun at Alan’s expense who was totally gobsmacked. Typical Mag was Alan, full of what they were going to do then a big letdown. That must have been in the early 80’s- nothing has changed to this day!

There you have it lads, I’ve now confessed my early days going to Ayresome Park with Higgy, a couple of visits to see the Mags play and you know about my shameful picture from the other night. I tried to get an injunction put on that Coxhoe Camerman to prevent him publishing but you know what these paparazzi are like. HOWEVER, as you all know, I’m red and white through and through and I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me these minor aberrations and accept my repentance and welcome me back into the fold of the true faith - SAFC

FTM
FTSmogs
HAWAY THE LADS.
Sunderland, Sunderland.

4 Comments:

At Saturday, April 23, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Okay guys shall I as administrator of the blog site bar this smogmag off the site. I would consider it but Billy is a great blogger so just a yellow card this time.

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

SMOGMAG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Billy, today I will forgive anything that has gone before........ you f***ing Smoggie.

 
At Saturday, April 23, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Or should that be SMOGMAGSTER
or SMAG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home