Monday, October 31, 2005

Message from Mick

Dear Coxhoe Branch,

I find it hard to believe. That's the worst 45 minutes I can remember.
We looked brittle after they scored the first. From then on it was embarrassing and I told the players I was going to say that.
It is not something any of us enjoy - we were awful in the second half.
It was disappointing to concede one two minutes after half time and the second one was shambolic. I can't legislate for that.
We'll never know about the character; whether we had the guts or the mettle to win it from 1-1.
Some of these players have come a long way in a short space of time, maybe it's tough for them at times like this.
Having said that, two of the most experienced players on the pitch were involved in their second goal and it had a dramatic effect on us.
Kelvin was very honest. He came in afterwards and said it was his fault. It was not his fault, it was a collective effort.
The second goal should have been dealt with long before it even got to Kelvin. We're all in it together.
I fully understand people leaving - I probably would have upped and left myself if it wasn't my job.
In booing Kelvin they are booing me and booing the other players. I don't like to hear it.
Anyone who blames him [Kelvin] for the third goal might as well blame him for the Tsunami and any other disaster we've had. Not a chance was it his fault. It was an unbelievable strike. Three keepers would not have stopped it.
He [Kelvin] got booed and that's what happens. It's difficult for him when the goals are going in.
I don't like to hear the boos. It's a collective thing. No one will single any one person out with me.
I'll be with the players through thick and thin. I have to say they are trying their hearts out for this club and for me.
Whether they turn out to be good enough, time will tell.
We knew it [the Premiership] was going to be difficult, perhaps it's proving harder than we thought. All we can do is keep going. Of course I'm concerned.

All the best

Mick

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Complete and utter rubbish, thick mick, just like the team, board and manager

 

Post a Comment

<< Home