Saturday, February 25, 2006

I'm back .... may the blogging begin!

Well guys I am back from a few trips away the first to Cologne on business the second to Tenerife to celebrate Mrs Gilligans ??th birthday.
Cologne was as good as usual my "friendly bar" behind the railway station has new owners and Polish girls instead of Africans so may be first port of call for me and Miller when we go out for the World Cup. At least I accomplished one thing while I was out there a block booking for me and Miller in a backpackers hostel at 70Euro per night for a two bedded room, compared with 150 -300 Euro per night in some seedy looking hotels. We still need a room for 1 night in Frankfurt and two nights when England play in Cologne but I am confident in finding us a room for these nights even if it is bedding down with a Polish girl!!!!!!
Tenerife was different - the usual touts for timeshares, not much sun the weather out there has been bad for the last three months and the rain has washed away a few roads, drinks, food and entertainment still as good as ever. The BIG difference this time is that after 44 years of supporting our great team that this year I was ashamed to take a Sunderland top with me to show where I was from and who I supported. Yes guys while sitting among Everton, Spurs and Wigan fans watching the Spurs v Wigan game on Sunday I had no shirt to wear. This about sums up what everyone feels about this years performance and what has happened to our club over the last few seasons.
I hope that we will bounce back and once again I can pack my shirts again for my hols but unfortunately it will be in the Championship next year and like the last time we played in this league I was not that interested in watching the Premiership on the box ..... and you try to find a pub abroad that wants to show the Championship instead of Premiership matches, they are there but in small numbers.
This week it's off to Anfield to see England play - taking Miller, Clive and son of Clive David with me so should be a good game ..... now where is my club and country shirt?????

Keep the faith and keep blogging

Jim Gilling
FTM

1 Comments:

At Sunday, February 26, 2006, Blogger Billy said...

Nice to have you back Jimmy - I think you'd better pack the old safari suit for the Villa game!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home