Sunday, February 05, 2006

West Ham Away - a brief account

Had a canny day down in London yesterday.

The Millermen, Stevie Walton and the grandbairn descended on London for the umpteenth time this season just knowing we were gonna lose again. Had a few J.Smiths on the usual 7.42am train, made our way to Liverpool Street as Davey said theres "loadsa pubs there" - just a pity none of them were actually open. So after the most disgusting pint ever in the station's wetherspoons we decided to go to our "West Ham Local" in Mile End.

We arrived at the Matter of Time (sorry Jim, I was sure it was called Live and Let Live!!!) at around 12.15 - and decided to move onto the stella as you can never go wrong with the old favourite. We all had a fiver in on the 1.30 at Sanddown, came in at 9/1 and that paid for our beer, bait and tube for the day so it wasnt all a waste of time and money! But just imagine if it had lost, Stevie wouldnt have let me forget that for a while!!

5 stellas+ later we made our way to Upton Park and got into the stadium for 3.04pm, missing Stephen Wrights first booking of the day - clearly wasnt match fit as their left winger (Etherington?) tore strips off him a couple of times and was soon to be brought down again which led to an early bath for our No.2. In all honesty I thought we'd matched them all through the game and thought we would hang on for an unlikely point but Sunderland being Sunderland we let them in a couple of times and they scored through 2 poor mistakes. On 87 minutes we're on Green Street making our way back to the tube station.

Back into Mile End for 5.10pm we have another few beers (have to mention young david, 6 pints of Strongbow and sober as a judge). At 6.30 we make our way to Kings Cross, Stevie was desperate for some Flying Scotsman action but I aint missing my train again! We visit the local convenience store for the last time this season, stock up for the ride home - back on the John Smiths though.

At Peterborough the 7pm train had been stopped as there was fighting between Sheff Wed, Hull and Sunderland fans. Good job we got the 7.30! Almost home for 10.30, my own full pint is spilled all over my jeans which makes my decision to stay out or go home much easier - back to Kella for Miller and the hangover is on the way tomorrow.

See you in the championship......

14 Comments:

At Sunday, February 05, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Strong thread on the RTG about the 7pm from KC.

Good to see that there are those among us who revel in abusing women and children.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=98381

You lads need medals as big as frying pans......... or your barins examining.

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006, Blogger Miller said...

Theres many a person saying I want my 'barin' examining for spending all this money over the season. Taking into account my season ticket, travel to away games and the match tickets I have spent almost £1000 following that shower of shite. Only the Boro away game I have seen them win.....

Not good reading about the goings on in the carriages of the 7pm from Kings X though

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Thats exactly what I meant, 'barins'

None of you have any brains

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Did the post that was removed by the author say something on the lines of " well guys you all need medals and I wish I was tagging along with you but me and Mrs Huyton have found new ways of getting excited on a Saturday(or what ever day Sky says we play on)it costs nowt and keeps you fit and most of all her in doors is always happy ..... what time on Sunday for the bus Jim???

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That business on the 7pm from KC is nothing new.
Fortunately, we stayed for the weekend and took the Billy Elliot show in as well. Well worth seeing lads.
Same old tale at West Ham, cup football style again when we try and bridge the skill gap with nothing other than effort.
Just wonder how long Mick will last in the light of the Echo and Sunday Sun comments from Mick and Bob. They seem to be at odds with each other now.
This might be my last season for away games and possibly for home games as well.

 
At Monday, February 06, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Spot on Jim

Dead right again

and the binman comes on wednesday.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am called Suzie and I work in a small bar called the Flying Scotsman close to Kings Cross station. I really like my work as I see so many people some who come to be my friends. I think it was a Sunderland match against Fulham that I got your web page details from a tall, good looking man called Ian he was very tall with ginger hair. I have read and laughed at some of the stories that is on on this web site and it is good to see that our bar gets a mention on several occassions.
Against Fulham Ian and his friends, one was very good looking and I think was called Chrissy said that they would be down again and would look me up last Saturday. I was looking forward to seeing "big" Ian again but more so Chrissy as he seems to remind me of someone. My question is where were you and why did you not call me to say you were not coming? I had brought some of my friends who were also looking forward to meeting you, hopefully this time with less drink in you so you might be able to manage something else than just smiles and grins.
I gave you my number in case you have mislaid it please call me on 0207 4080226 ask for me if I am not there ask for Danni as she is my best friend.

Ian hope you and Chrissy get back in touch, I would love to go that one stage further we your big frame.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006, Blogger Miller said...

Clever one that, Jim! Was wearing a wooly dut which covered the ginger locks so 'suzieling' never saw me haha. I will pass the number on to Chrissy though.....

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Nowt te dee with me bonny lad

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it's nowt te dee wi me either laddie.

 
At Wednesday, February 08, 2006, Blogger Miller said...

Jimmy Gilling - saved as draft. You tool

 
At Wednesday, February 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jim, save me some draft as well. That draft Bud is a superb drink old fella.

 
At Wednesday, February 08, 2006, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Well spotted Miller did not realise that you could get to that page of edits etc. thought it was only administrator of the web.
So okay I hold my hands up fair cop guv!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home