Saturday, March 11, 2006

Message from Bally

Dear Coxhoe Branch

We could have done without the early goal. He took it well, but it happened and we looked for a reaction after that. To be fair, I got one, the unfortunate thing was that we couldn’t get the ball in the back of the net.
Half-time came at bad time as far as we were concerned. We were in ascendancy then, and it probably enabled Paul Jewell to get amongst his players. They came back into the game a bit more after half-time and it didn’t work out for us.
I still felt we could score a goal towards the end. Their keeper has pulled off a great save and Chimbonda has just stopped Steady from scoring.
I enjoyed the occasion in terms of my first game in charge and it was nice to hear Paul Jewell say what he said about the game, that we were the better of the two sides.
At times the players have got to take things on board and actually what we ask of them. Today has certainly given me food for thought.
I did what I felt was right today in giving Stevie Caldwell the captaincy, and I thought he had a magnificent game, as did Danny Collins. And to be honest, I didn’t fee the need for any changes. The players want to go out and show what they can do, but if I do feel the need for changes I don’t have any problem with that.
I haven’t spoken to the physios yet so we don’t ye know the full extent of Julio’s injury. It’s early days yet and I need to speak to them (physios).
I do think a lot of positive things came out of the game. We were stretched out as the game went on, but it was a pleasing performance.
I would love to have finished with a win for the club and for the supporters.

All the best,
Kevin Ball

5 Comments:

At Saturday, March 11, 2006, Blogger MelvinH said...

Pleasing performance? eh! seems i was at the wrong match. Needs an outsider in to clear the lot out -and start from scratch..

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

So Mel, I take it that it wasn't much of a spectacle then?

Tried to listen on the radio in my bored state of mind and even the match commentary put me to sleep.

Where, other than down to the CCC, do Sunderland go from here.

Whilst I try to remain impassive about it all, it does, in truth, upset me to see them in such a mess.

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006, Blogger MelvinH said...

Huyton as you know a change in manager (take the mags n hartlepool) and players usually relax and beleive in themselves -start playin to their ability -BUT does this happen at Sunderland well not likely -dubios team selections to start with and you know the rest -CLEAN THE LOT OUT -start again its the only way..give me a shout in 3 seasons time ..

 
At Monday, March 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is oblivion. As you sometimes say Jack, we are doomed.

 
At Tuesday, March 14, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Not me, but The Grim Reaper (AKA Taff) who is the DOOM merchant.

We are though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home