Monday, May 08, 2006

Last posting from Bally??????

Dear Coxhoe Branch,

When you consider that we played Arsenal on Monday, Fuham on Thursday and then today, we did OK.
Up until we conceded the goal I felt we were quite comfortable. We created chances. The thing that let us down most of all was our decision-making in front of goal - when to cross, when to shoot, when to keep the ball.
The lads have had a right go and they were tired.
I wanted us to up the tempo in the second half and we started it well. But then you concede a penalty, the keeper saves it, they get a corner and score from it. That is frustrating.
We should have cleared the corner. Had we done that I feel we would have got something from the game. They [Sunderland's players] did respond at 2-0 down.
Our fans were great and Villa's supporters got behind their team. It made for a good atmosphere on the last day of the season.
I wished it [Sunderland's goal] had come 10 minutes earlier. I asked the fourth official if there was 18 minutes to be added on. I don't think he found it funny.
It wasn't to be and from a result point of view it was disappointing. But I think we can be in a positive frame of mind to try to bring this club back to the big time.
George [McCartney] wanted to play, it was a gamble because it [his groin] was sore from the other day. We thought he might have been able to get through the game. Steve's [Caldwell] hurt his knee in a collision in the middle of the park.
We were in possession of the ball and we lost it and they broke on us and scored. It was a disappointing time to concede [just before half-time].
I'd still love to manage Sunderland, it [the 10 games as caretaker-manager] has whet my appetite.
It was important that we ended the season in a positive way and I think we have, despite the result today.
Thanks for reading my full-time email.
All the best,
Kevin Ball

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home