Friday, May 05, 2006

A win at last and a lap of honour! What did they think we were celebrating to have the lap of honour????

Dear Coxhoe Branch,

From a selfish point of view it's nice to get that win you want.
But the main thing is that we wanted to send everyone home with a smile on their face. I'm pleased to be able to report that we've done it.
I'm pleased for everyone connected with the club. The supporters were magnificent. They kept on and on when we needed them.
The boys went round [the pitch] at the end and said thanks for everything. They [the fans] sang 'Sunderland 'til I die' and when you've been connected with the club for as long as I have it brings a little lump to your throat.
It was a hell of a goal [Radzinski's]. They got back into it and it does give you the twitches, but I thought the boys held firm.
I'll give a special mention to Andy Welsh who has been at Leicester on loan. He was outstanding tonight and he's only been back here for a few days.
He's one of many. The whole squad played their part.
At times it has been difficult for our supporters. I said to the players before that this was a must-win game, for themselves and for the fans. It was fantastic to hear their response.
I'm pleased for Anthony Le Tallec and for Browny. I'm pleased the two centre-forwards got on the scoresheet.
Our supporters are unique and I'm delighted for them. It was nice to get that home win.
All the best,
Kevin Ball

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home