Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yes we were Roy ..... even Steph Walton said so!!!!

Dear Coxhoe Branch,
It took us 10 or 15 minutes to get the pace of the game and after that the players were outstanding.
I've spoken about character, desire and spirit but on top of that you need good players and talent and tonight they showed it, I'm very proud of them.
I think the new players have made a difference but the biggest plus over the last two weeks is the win over West Brom. That victory was a great boost for the club.
There has been a big issue made of the lads we have signed, but I'd like to give credit to the lads that were already here.
They have reacted well. I freshened it up tonight and the lads who came in were outstanding.
I felt it in my bones that if we got it down and played then we'd have a great chance. You never have it easy coming here and credit to their players, they kept going right until the end.
The downside is the lads who got injured. I take responsibility for Dave's [Connolly] injury, I was going to leave him out. He's got a thigh muscle injury, Stephen Elliott's gone over on his ankle and Dean Whitehead's is just a knock.
We have to put a lid on expectation. It's the best thing in the world when you win football matches - fantastic.
They need to enjoy tonight but for me, looking at the bigger picture, we've had three victories, we've got Leicester on Saturday and we'll get ready for that.
It's fantastic. If the fans are happy then we're doing something right. To win 3-0 away from home is great. If the fans go home happy, I'm happy.
I was expecting to come to Leeds and win; I'm not sitting here in a state of shock ir surprise. We've all got the same aims.
Now Huyton will you return and watch us play good football?
All the best,
Roy Keane
Leeds 0 Sunderland 3 Click here to visit the match centre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home