Thursday, July 07, 2005

Night Shift. What fun!!

How people work night shift on a regular basis is beyond my level of comprehension. I know that in the public sector it is a necessary evil but it is a totally alien concept to me. So here I am at 3:40 am trying desperately to keep myself awake by writing utter rubbish.

Looking forward to my holidays in Canada I;ve checked out the exchange rates and it's getting more expensive by the day and I thought the pound was strong. I've looked at www.katkam.ca to get an idea of what's going on in Vancouver and the surrounding area. It has a good webcam of the Burrard Bridge and English Bay plus links to other webcams around British Columbia and the Greater Vancouver area.

The Chubb Security man checked in on site about 11:45 pm ( 6/7) and is due back for his second round of the night anytime now. I've had me bait, 2 ham salad sarnies, a peach and maraguay yoghurt ( Mueller of course) a bottle of Coke and a packet of Rowntrees fruit pastilles. I've also had two cups of tea since I came on duty. Checked me emials, sent 3 off. Checked me post, nowt much in there other than a letter from the deputy director telling me to get a poster display done for the Nursing Conference at Darlo's Stadium in September ( Pity I'm in Canada) sent her an email telling her that but I;ll still have it to do. I just won't get to see the fruits of my labour ..... awww.

Sounds like the staff are getting ready to do a bed round so I best get off my backside and show willing. Me back is killing me anyway and I need to keep mobile and awake.

Soon be 7:00 am. Got the notes to write up and handover shifts before I'm off to me bed. Mrs HH will be out by the time I get home so can't warm meslf up with her. Young Master HH has got holidays so he'll be lying about all day. Better do it quietly.

Keep the guesses for South Street coming in. Somebody'd sure to get it right.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, July 07, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Well here we are, 6:15 am and 45 minutes of the shift left. Notes are done and just waitng for the early shift to turn in at 6:45 am.

Work wise it's been a largely unevenful night. The hardest part is getting through and its a case of eyes wide shut most of the time.

Weather wise it's been a pretty wet night and it's still coming down so you early morning commuters can expect a wet start to the day and a lot of spray onthe way to work. Expected it to be well out of the way by now.

Time to tidy round, check round and make sure everyone is ok then i'll be away by 7 am.

have a good day, i'll be crawling into my bed as most of your are falling out of yours.

 
At Thursday, July 07, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

I know what you do hesty.

It's a case of eyes tight shut!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home