Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tall Ships

Jim talks in an earlier post about visiting the Tall Ships in Newcastle today and I am a tad envious. Steph and me popped down to Hartlepool on Saturday evening and there were a couple in Middleton dock.

Linda and me drove up to South Shileds on Sunday afternoon and watched a few move into the Tyne and very impressive they are too, althouigh we watched from the Marsden area.
I'd really like to see them close up but don't know if I'm going to get the time to do it. Steph is 21 tomorrow and we toyed with going to Newcastle in the evening by train, having a meal and staying for the firework display, but by the time Rob finishes work, and bearing in mind the last train back to Durham is 10:44pm then it doesn't leave much time.

Perhaps I'll take a day off on Thursady drive up ( Very early) to Tyne Dock or Shields harbour wall and watch from there. I bet it's something to see, as HMS Invincible and HMS Bullwark lead them out to the start line in full sail and getvthem away from 4 miles off shore.

Jim. I'm envious.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 27, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Go for it Jack, and take the camera. Not wishing to be morbid but it may not happen again many more times in our lifetime and I'm sure they will manage without you at work on Thursday.

 
At Wednesday, July 27, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Jack,
Take the car and park at SJP only £0.30p / hour and after 10.00pm free. Car park empty yesterday and may be the same tonight. It should be good tonight as there will be a great display. I will post a few pics before I go out today to wet your appetite. We went for a meal in the bigg market - Greek restaurant very good. This was about 8.00pm and this was when the quay side was starting to buzz. So get down tonight man and stay till late there is plenty going on.
Otherwise yes Thursday will be good at sand dancers paradise, I might just get there as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home