Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Time is nearly here

Monday morning season ticket dropped through the post so we must be getting near to the big kick-off. R we all looking forward to the new adventure or shitting ourselves at what might happen.
I will be pleased if we finish 4th from bottom but would like it if we could top one of the other so called North Eastern giants. Realistically I predict we finish in the bottom half about 14th or 15th then strengthen again for next season. Again I hope that some of the stay away fans will return but this will depend if we get a good start; expect some good attendances at the big name matches but no so for Brum, WBA etc.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 19, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Hmmmm. There is a little ripple of excitement when the package drops through the letter box, but alas not for me. ( at least not yet)

Nowt wrong in settling for 4th bottom and building from there, but Alan Pardew (WHU) won't agree. He thinks ( 5LIve interview) that WHU are a top 10 club and thats were he'll be aiming this season.

Nowt like bieing realistic is there?

Set your sights low and the only way is up. Aim high and its's a long way to fall.

Good luck Mr Pardew.

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Really looking forward to it Jimmy. I'm not naive enough to think it will be easy cos it won't be but hopefully we can put in some good performances, avoid any embarrasing defeats and have a few laughs and a bit crack. My expectations are quite low as I've been disappointed too many times but here's hoping we can survive - and beat the Mags at home along the way!!
WBA showed that last season that it can be done so as long as we don't end up miles adrift as we did in our 19 point season then I'm sure it'll be typical Sunderland and it'll go to the wire. Need a good start and a bit luck along the way. Without tempting fate I'll run my graph as a comparison with our previous seasons in the Prem to see how we're doing.

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jim,
No season ticket yet for me, maybe sent to my old Kensington home by mistake, just read on one of the web sites that the lads are interested in young Welsh from Liverpool, good buy!!! Mark my words you heard it first from me.

 
At Tuesday, July 19, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Lucan
Have you seen that Tania on your travels? Just like you she's a bit mysterious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home