Friday, November 04, 2005

Arsenal v SAFC

Strangely I am looking forward to tomorrow and our final visit to Highbury. Is it because it's an away match and there are about 30+ of us going down on the train or that I am optimistic of the result? I think the latter is wishfull thinking but nice if we can get something out of the match. My prediction though is 2:0 to the Arsenal but a good day all round.
Billy will pick up me and the other Billy's at 7.00am tomorrow, I may have a hang over as my future son-in-law is coming over tonight with a few of his mates from Shotton and I am treating them to the delights of the Davy Lamp and the Greyhound two pubs where my heart still lies - Kella. Trouble is I am once again full of cold so may not enjoy the night and tomorrow as I would have liked.
So if a hangover exists not too much to drink on the train going down and a steady sup during the day as Mrs Gilligan expects me in the Club at 9.30pm fresh as a daisy. I will have to aim for this as next week I am away all weekend watching England v Argentinia in Geneva.
What are your predictions for the Arsenal game and will Billy get any fish and chips and get any sleep on the train???

Jim Gilling
FTM

2 Comments:

At Friday, November 04, 2005, Blogger Miller said...

My prediction is Sunderland to get nil points, Miller to have 15 pints and Billy to have fish and chips twice......

we are going to the Blackstock outisde Finsbury Park station as we are meeting a couple of lads down there at 11am

 
At Friday, November 04, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Miller,
We will probably try out the Highbury Barn which is on the "same" road as Blackstock Road. If you follow that road up it becomes Highbury Park then Highbury Grove, where the Highbury Barn is. I suppose that if both pubs are crap then we might meet in the middle. Keep your mobile on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home