Sunday, February 26, 2006

My next away game?

After attending 8 out of our first 10 away games up till till Xmas, I've missed the last 4 and might only go to one other in the rest of the season! What's gone wrong?

Well apart from the obvious footballing reasons I've now found reasons/excuses NOT TO GO whereas previously I looked for reasons TO GO. The reason for this posting at this time is that I nearly weakened and went to Birmingham. I actually phoned Clive on Friday night to ask him if had any spare tickets but he wasn't in and I didn't leave a message or follow the call up. I'm glad I didn't go now after watching it on MOTD as our performance looked truly awful and how MMc can come on the tv with those same excuses I don't know. We have the worst team in Premiership history - end of story.

What about the rest of the season? Here's my prognosis

Sun Mar 5 Manchester City - Intended to go but now not going. If the game had been on Saturday as originally intended I'd have gone as I'd have liked to have seen Man City's new stadium but I'd rather go and watch Ferryhill U12's play and the games clash with the switch to Sunday so I'm going to watch Ferryhill - at least you see some passion and committment from the young 'uns.
Sat Mar 18 Bolton Wanderers - Intended to go but now not going. Our Tess is in a dog show down on Leicester and Julie has asked me to take them down so that's what I'm going to do. Going to a bloody dog show instead of the game - who'd have believed it!
Sat Apr 1 Everton - Undecided. Said I wasn't going to go to this one at the start of the season as I don't like Goodison and the last time we were there the view was terrible.
Fri Apr 14 Manchester United - Not going now. Game has been switched to a evening KO on the Good Friday and is on tv so I'll save myself the journey and expense for what is likely to be an embarrassing defeat.
Sat Apr 22 Portsmouth - Undecided. I've never been to Fratton Park so thought I might go to this game and meet up with Thirla but it's a long, long journey and I'm struggling to get motivated.
May 7 Aston Villa - Billy awayday!


So there you have it - a catalogue of excuses for not going to away games.
Am I pleased about it? Not really, it's very sad. A bit like Jimmy and his 'no shirt' posting it's not what I want but is what is happening.
Am I pleased I'm not going? DEFINITELY! It's bad enough having to go the the home games without having the misery of a long journey home from an away game.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, February 26, 2006, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

How about a few England games Billy there will be three before Germany 1 at Anfield this Wednesday and two more at Old Trafford dates to be decided. The one on Wednesday is abit early but Clive, Miller and young David are going.

 
At Sunday, February 26, 2006, Blogger Miller said...

In response to "my next away game"....

Manchester City - I am going with Ashy and a couple of the other lads in the car as they haven't been before. I was there last summer for an Oasis concert and was very impressed with the ground. Its a free ride down at the end of the day so why not?

Bolton - myself, Shiner, Chrissy and Ashy are going to have a night out in Peter Kay's hometown. Had a night out there with Ash a couple of years ago and had a cracking time so this one has been planned for a while - a good drink before the game to cushion the blow of another embarassing defeat then a night on the tiles in Bolton. Ding dang doo

Everton - I'd rather not go there ever again as the stadiums a right shithole. So, giving this one a miss.

Man Utd - Kenny Millers one awaygame per season in the last couple of years have been victorious ones. Birmingham in the cup replay, Wigan at the end of last year and a couple of friendly victories in Doncaster and Barnsley. So, the lucky omen is comin to Old Trafford on the switched Good Friday fixture - cant see my old man making a difference to the result on this occasion though.....

Portsmouth and Villa - I will have lost the faith by then.....not gonna even think about going

Enjoy Villa, Billy. Its the last time you'll see us in the Premierleague for a long long time my friend....

FTM

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is all very sad Billy when put into the perspective of your loyal support over the years.
We are being treat very badly by the club and their does not seem to be any form of remorse from Bob and co.
I feel that if Bob finds an opportunity then he will sell to the advantage of himself.
Whatever happened to the old motto of " It's the supporters money ".
Well Billy, I tell you what mate, it never was and never will be our money.
We have been taken on an emotional roller coaster ride during these last three seasons and Bob will never, ever, ever get another penny piece from me.
Chill out Billy and watch those pounds, you look a little bit on the un-healthy side at the moment.
Might I suggest that you spend some of your saved money on a tracksuit?
Nature is the law Billy, nature is the law as Richard says.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home