Thursday, February 03, 2005

On the Box

Still suffering from the cold I have had for over a week now so I have stayed in most of the week and watched some good T.V. the last couple of days.
First of all the Arsenal v Man U match - what a brilliant game plenty of twists and turns and good to see Man U doing the double over the Northern Londoners - a few at the office in Surrey support Arsenal and are getting plenty of stick now from the Chelsea boys. I still think that they should give Chelsea the trophy now and help them concentrate on the other three competitions they will probably win - if they can overcome Barcelona in the Champions League.
As I stated in a previous blog we could have drawn or beaten Everton if we had put our minds and backs to it but the vast gulf in class between Chelsea / Man U and Arsenal against the rest in the Premiership is all there to be seen and may call out in future again for a European Super League - I hope it does not happen but within the next year or so the question will raise its head again ..... but this time at least the Scum will not be in consideration as they look like heading for a bottom end of the table position. Lets see how the Scum fare next season without the money that the European games brings in ..... another Leeds lets hope so!
Then there was last night's Wife swapping - I don't normally watch (honestly) but following Roughy's recommendation that one of his comedy colleagues from Scotland was taking part I thought I would give it a go. Yes she was everything that Roughy was indicating - lets the Kids do there own thing and take responsibilities. A good way of educating the kids for the future but not sure if it was wise to let a toddler roam loose around the house. Oh yes then there was the mess in the house - not good but you want to see my sons room and he is 19. Then there was the other girl from Donny - ah can she move in with me tomorrow - the guy living with her was waited on all day and every day and went out with his mates every night no questions asked. She even filled the bath for him if he phoned on the way home so he could pop straight in the bath. I agree she was a control freak and needed to change but between the two I would have gone for the lass from Donny after all I am married to a lass from Scotland and I know what they are like!!!
Wolves game tomorrow with the bus picking me up at 1.00pm and then my Birthday bash on Saturday night with Roughy and a a 60's/70's group from Scotland called Heartbeat plus disco. Hopefully plenty of drink and fun for all.

Jim Gilling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home