Monday, March 21, 2005

The Memory Lane Series

For the older ones amongst us I thought I'd try and pull out some pics of the Old Roker Park. I'm sure we all will have some lying about in a box somewhere in the loft, so it may be good just to get them out, scan them in and stir up a few memories.

I dedicate the Mainstand and the Clockstand to Billy who I know was a great fan of the old Roker Park and the unique atmosphere it generated. We all have some great memories from there and from the days when we cut our teeth on SAFC. Only two weeks ago the talk about butchers coats, pit helmets, Toddy and Baxter stirred up some great memories when Billy, Jim, David and the Hoofer were out for a jar or two.

Lets hear yours. Just how good was the "Peanuts. Tanner a bag" man. Was the modern day weapons systems modelled on his accuracy. Did the Yanks invent the SMART Bomb having visited Roker Park.

Theres a one to start.

Lets hear them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home