Monday, August 22, 2005

THE BIG MEETING

Well my friends it's the day after my brush with the Coxhoe Committee. I was summoned at just after 7.00pm to go into "the room" and was asked to give my view on the events leading to me pulling the plug 2 weeks ago.
I started by apologizing for my actions and said it would not happen again. I then went through what had happened as stated in an earlier blog only this time adding that I knew it would not cause any damage to any equipment.
There were a few comments like - it may have damaged the equipment if it had been turned straight on - my reply was " as a qualified electronics engineer I know it would not cause a problem on switch on or off and if the singer ensured the amp was switched off when the power was back on then there was no risk(actually all amps are protected against surges, brown outs and drop outs so either way the amps were okay to be switched on but I did not want to go into technicalities)" Also one comment was that the singer said that "this next song (Day Dream Believer) was for both sets of supporters but I cannot recall this only the fact she said "I support the toon and I will probably upset a few with this next song." You all know that Day Dream Believer is no longer a Mackem song!
You probably know where the comments were coming from but I will not state who it was in this blog.
Anyway it was a fair hearing and all the committee, even the blog famous Toon one, said that it was a one off, out of character and I was okay and gave me a warning about my future behavior.
The committee are also looking at ways to curb any football type songs from the singers that can lead to provocation. On leaving the blog famous toon committee man said mine's a pint at the bar. I did not stop as I was due to be off down the road later in the evening so his pint can wait ..... and wait ...... and wait ......


Jim Gilling - NOW AVAILABLE FOR BOOKINGS TO SWITCH CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ON (OR OFF).
FTM

5 Comments:

At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Good outcome Jimmy, justice has been done and all concerned, yourself included, have perhaps learnt something. We'll postpone the mass-barring-out until Sunday 23rd October when we play the Mags!

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Save the pints in a bucket Jimmy and pour it over his Black and White head.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

Possibly you deserve a pint for the inside information or would you prefer fish and chips?

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

If you're going to the chippy Jim, bring me some fish and chips back please. Plenty of salt and nice crisp batter, just like the one's at Liverpool.

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Get him nowt Jimmy. It's the least he could have done for you. Anyway he's drinking far too much beer these days.......... I'll have the fish and chips instead.

I staterd the mackem Plug Puller campaign

 

Post a Comment

<< Home