Saturday, March 18, 2006

"Bolton v Manchester"

As previously reported I took our Tess to the Manchester Terrier show in Leicester today in preference to going to watch Bolton v Sunderland. We had a good day out and won 2 rosettes but she was not as successful as last time. Passed the Sedgefield bus at about 9 o'clock, well past Scotch Corner, so it looked like they were set for an early start on the beer - by my reckoning they'd be in Bolton by about 11 o'clock!

Listened to the radio on the way home and it seems like were never in contention and fortunate to be 0-0 at half time. Although it pains me to say it I think I made the right choice going to the dog show. I'm looking forward to Jimmy's report as I'm sure that with such an early start they'll have had a good day - until the game started!

2 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell you what Billy lad. I stayed over in Manchester on Friday night and I decided to go to the game at the eleventh hour. You did right Billy lad because that match was absolute dross, the pits, disgusting. We have never seen such a set of misfits, wannabees, neverwillbees playing for this club, ever. And, to make matters worse, we have an ex-mag as captain.

 
At Sunday, March 19, 2006, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Billy, you put a new slant on " Who let the Dogs out" Woof, woof, woof, woof!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home