Sunday, March 19, 2006

Message from Bally........

Dear Coxhoe Branch,

It was frustrating because I thought we defended well in the first half.

I must stress we didn't come here just to defend, we wanted to get people forward. But when half-time came I was thinking that we were doing all right; and then we came out in the second half and conceded a goal. It could have been prevented.

Defenders as a whole have a responsibility but there's other people who have duties too.
We spoke about confidence and I appreciate that it is short in supply here at the moment. But by the same token you've still got to roll up your sleeves and push yourself to try to get that result.

If you just retreat into your shell when you go 1-0 down, you've got no chance. At any football club, that's exactly what you don't want. I wanted a reaction after we went 1-0 down and I don't think I got enough of one.

I didn't enjoy some of the individual performances and some of the collective performance. It gives me more insight on how I judge people and see people.I've told the players that I'm not happy and I've gone round and spoken to them about it.

There are some good quality players here but it's other aspects they've got to improve on and I've told them in no uncertain terms what the requirements are.

We've had injuries to players who may have played a part today, players who add to the side. But then when they are not available, it gives other people an opportunity and you hope they grasp it with both hands.

All the best,

Kevin Ball

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006, Blogger MelvinH said...

Bally says we did,nt come here to Defend But with 1 up front Who,s contradicting who? Need a guy to come (some one one who knows none of our feeble squad) get us up again wotever it takes -time or money -bring the crowds back Eventually ---18,ooo crowds plus next season is no good in this stadium if current regime is in power..( sick as a parrot)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home