Saturday, April 30, 2005

Message from Sir Mick

Dear Coxhoe Branch

It's a fantastic way to win it. It's nicer than going to the Stoke game on the last day and winning it - and not relying on Preston to get something tomorrow.
It's a terrific result. I thought West Ham were better than us in the first half, they had the chances.
Ben's [Alnwick] played very well. He made a fantastic save from [Marlon] Harwewood. I was disapppointed when we got to 43 minutes and then we conceded.
The game was very open; I just thought they played better than us, possession wise, in the first half. We gave it away and that was my emphasis at half time.
We had had chances and I knew that if we passed it better, we'd get through them. We passed it better second half - it was a good peformance.
I keep hearing that we are not the best side in the league. Well, I think tomorrow morning I'll find that we are.
I said last week that it was my best achievement because it was the most recent - getting promoted. Now this is my best moment, because it's the most recent. And if we stay up next season, that will be my best achievement, because it will be the most recent.
It's brilliant for the older, more experienced players and it's great for the young players. It's a wonderful achievement and great for them.
I'll have a drink tonight - you try and stop me!I think they might enjoy the weekend. Tonight they will be on the bus recovering. All season long they have been magnificent.
All the best,

Mick McCarthy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home