Monday, August 22, 2005

Istanbul in August

Last week as you know I was on my usual trip to Istanbul. This time it was very hot 27 degrees well after midnight and 36 degrees during the day all with high humidity. Billy would never have coped.
Funny discussions in my local - one comes to mind. Imagine bloggers 5 Muslim "brothers" discussing football and other things with me when we started to discuss work in the UK. They asked me what the easiest jobs were to find and I said working behind bars or in restaurants and the wage would be our minumum wage which would be about 11 turkish lira per hour at which point they said that's a huge wage .... so don't know what they get a week my friends. Then we discussed languages and they all said that is the reason to want to work in London to learn the language better than they know it now ..... but they said Muslims are not popular in London at present and this was putting them off trying for a visa. My reply to this was a typical Gilligan reply and straight from the cuff ..... it's okay most British accept that the majority of Muslims are okay and no threat but I can give you one tip - if you do go and get a job don't carry a ruck sack for your bait in the morning when going to work - at this they saw the joke and laughed - good job or I may have been be-headed or something like that.
Anyway another story for later involves some of the guys and Russian "girls" at £35 a night or £40 if there are two of you and you want to swop over ...... this will be later my friends but alas without any pictures.



Muslims in Istanbul selling "terrorist starter kits"


Jim Gilling
FTM Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Jimmy - did I send you the joke email with the pic of the transparent rucksacks, especially for Muslims? I've deleted it now but thats what will be the next big seller in Istanbull and London, mark my words!

 
At Monday, August 22, 2005, Blogger MelvinH said...

I think hes asking does my Bomb look big in this

 

Post a Comment

<< Home