Saturday, August 13, 2005

This is the dawning of the age of the Premiership ...

Well fellow Bloggers and loyal SAFC supporters this is the day we have been waiting for - the 2005/2006 campaign in the Premiership. Will we enjoy it - hopefully we will be okay but with a few horrendous results along the way.
Prediction for today SAFC to win 1.0 with Tommy Miller scoring in the second half.

What do you think the year might bring? Answers (only about football) through the normal channels.

Jim Gilling
Secretary to you - the merry band of SAFC bloggers.

2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 13, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Like you Jim I'm up and on the web having a look to see whats going on. I've had my breakfast and am just about to watch soccer am. Julie's just asked me if I'm excited and looking forward to the game today. My answer was "Sort of". What I meant by that was that of course I'm excited about us being back in the Premiership but also a bit nervous about how we'll do. A good result against Charlton would help settle things. At the start of the season you always look out for myour first goal/points/win and hopefully these will happen today but I don't think there will be a lot of goals in the game. I'll go for a 1-1 draw and hope we might sneak a late winner to take it to 2-1. Just been reading the 'expert's in the Mirror, most of who predict we'll go down but I think tere are a number of worse teams than us. My prediction is that we'll be 14th and will have better 2nd half of the season as we settle into the Premiership. Along the way we'll have a few bad defeats and hopefully some good wins. Final thought - when we play the Mags which set of supporters will be most worried. Ans: Mags. We've got nothing to lose and any points against a long established " top 8 in Europe but not in Europe this season" Premiership side must be a bonus (tongue firmly in cheek!)

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2005, Blogger WALTER, THE FAMOUS ARGENTINIAN MACKEM said...

It's 11.15am here in Argentina and i'm listnenign to the match on MATCH LIVE and unfortunately Bent has just scored for Charlton. From what i can hear, the crowd is cracking!! roaring!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home