Monday, July 11, 2005

Road rage. What would you do?

Ever witnessed an act of road rage bloggers?

Last night at 6:45 pm I was on the A1M between Carville and Chester le Street intercahnges on my way to newcastle Airport to get mys sister in law on the flight back to Stansted at 8:05, after our Great North Walking day.

I was conscious of a black BMW 6 series coupe on a 05 plate in the overtaking lane tailgating an Astra saloon. headlights full he was really up the Astras arse. When the Astra pulled in the Beamer pulled alongside, braked and threw a bottle out of the passenger side window at the Astra, which hit. It looked like a plastic coke bottle, but more to the point the crass stupididty of this act wanton mindlessness put other road users, at speeds of 70MPH at risk, as there was much hitting of brakes etc.

The beamer then sped off but it left me speechless.

What would you do?

6 Comments:

At Monday, July 11, 2005, Blogger Billy said...

Some people are truly crazy and irresponsible Jack - it beggars belief! Not sure what you can do in these circumstances. If you had the vehicle reg number you could report it to the police as dangerous driving but I'd suggest nothing could be done unless it was captured on CCTV. I'm not sure if the whole motorway network is on CCTV but maybe worth a try reporting the incident, time and location to the Police. If no such evidence then nothing can be done as it'll be your word against the other fellers.

P.S. How come you didn't capture it on camera yourself!! I thought the Coxhoe Camera man would always have the camera by his side ready for a scoop!

 
At Monday, July 11, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Can't drive and take pics at 70 mph. Only got the first prefix NG05 of the black beamer andcrossed my mind to report but the reasons you cite held me back. Surely the driver of the Astra would have the common sense to report?

 
At Monday, July 11, 2005, Blogger Jim Gilling - Secretary SAFCSA Coxhoe Branch said...

For me it would depend upon what type of drink it was in the bottle if it was coca cola then report him if it was pepsi let him go as he must ne a total waster anyway.
Should do the miles I do, you see things like this every week!

 
At Monday, July 11, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Jim, I can well imagine. It left me stunned. I've seen the odd fist shaking, the finger etc but to hoy a bottle at a vehicle moving in excess of 70 mph. Fook me!!

 
At Tuesday, July 12, 2005, Blogger Tel said...

Banning all women drivers would work.

 
At Tuesday, July 12, 2005, Blogger Huyton Hoofer said...

Would do Tel, but for the fact this incident involved 2 men

 

Post a Comment

<< Home